Wow

Today is the first day in my life as a blogger, and I have to say, I am completely overwhelmed by the veritable flood of positivity that is coming my way, I have literally not stopped smiling since I got up. And for someone with depression, this is a serious achievement!! It just goes to show how willing people are to do something to help, even if it's something as simple as sharing a post, or sending a supportive message. People want to help. They actively want to. But they often have no idea what to do, which is completely understandable considering most of the time I don't know what I need. I know the cynics among us could argue that it's easy to click like and leave it at that. A little feel good moment and then we move on. But for me, on the receiving end of this, it's huge. Believing that people want to help is something that I have consistently struggled with over the years, and even now, I find difficult to believe. I've worked so hard to hide how I feel, because I don't want to burden someone else, or bring them down. But everyone has their cross to bear, this just happens to be mine. Already I've had contact from people who have struggled themselves, who've been afraid to speak out, who are all too familiar with the dark and difficult places that depression can lead to. And do you know what? Hearing about it doesn't burden me. It gives me freedom. It allows me to know that I'm not the only one, I'm not crazy. It's ok to have bad days, because they pass and then I have good days. Thank you!!!