Over to you again

I've added a few more pieces to our 'over to you' section the last few weeks. I've yet to find a more streamlined solution in terms of set up. Ideally I want the pieces to stand alone on a blog roll like my own do so that people have space to comment on each one, but I don't want to put them on the same side as mine as I think it's really important for them to be almost a separate entity entirely. I value each contribution so much, and think you have a lot to offer both each other and other readers in terms of support and encouragement, so I don't want your writing to get lost in the midst of my rambling. Letting me put your thoughts out there is a huge achievement and I'm incredibly grateful to each and every one of you for allowing me to do that, it deserves space of its own!

Another minor point is that I'd like readers to get notification automatically when a new piece goes up, as at the moment I need to let you know I've amended the page each time. Not such a huge issue, and the work around I have is fine, but if there are any technical whizzes out there who might have a few ideas, I'd love to hear from you! I suspect I'll have to go self hosted and build a site (read - pay someone to build a site) but that's a job for another day.

So anyway, over to you!

Image by Chris Dewire

Moments - Clare
'I’ve wanted to write a piece for Sunny Spells for a few months now, but every time I sit down to write it out, my mind goes blank. I have written private emails so raw and truthful about some of the awful days I have had, but when it comes to sharing them, or collating them, I just come up with a blank. When I’m not in an anxious or depressed place, I almost forget how it feels. It seems I’m most creative when I’m in the midst of a ‘moment’' Read more

Coming off meds - my story - Anonymous
'I was on anti depressants for 5 years when I was finally ready to come off them. I had attempted a few times over the years but it wasn't the right time for me. It was very hard every time I 'failed' to come off them as I took it as a personal defeat and got very upset but once I realised I was on them for a reason and they were helping me and that I could be on them for a long time if not permanently, I was content. It was a huge step in my recovery, knowing the time wasn't right but the right time would come and it did' Read more

Ton of Bricks - Anne
'It's hitting me like a ton of bricks. I cried tonight, I grumped, I got angry, I'm super tense, my legs hurt, my heart races, I shiver, I want to crawl under the duvet and never wake up. I'm so afraid of not being able to deliver. And I don't even know what I'm supposed to deliver. I'm afraid I will fall back, I'm afraid of being not good enough. Not good enough, I'm never good enough.' Read more

Labels: , ,