Addendum to motherhood

It occurred to me last night, and again this morning, and again on the way to work in the car, that I have quite a lot more to say about early motherhood. Principally, I want to own up to all the things I did 'wrong'. Apologies for my excessive use of inverted commas the last few days, but they do seem necessary at this particular juncture. (And, as a complete aside, clearly, writer's block is no longer an issue!!)

So here, in no particular order, is a full admission of all my 'wrongness' as a first time mother.



I'm sure there's more. I'm sure there's lots more. But that's what's coming to mind right now. I'd like to say that doing all of the above was easy. It wasn't. I spent 99.9% of my time riddled with guilt, because I was doing it 'wrong'. Turns out I wasn't, and it took a long, long time to see that (thank you Therapist). I was doing what worked for us. Motherhood is hard. If your baby is fed, clothed, warm, and above all loved - that's enough. I said it yesterday, I'll say it again - burn the parenting book!!!

Labels: , , , ,